Monday, June 11, 2007

Books I Want To Peruse This Summer

Can't believe I am involved in a Facebook on-line community food fight. Watch out, I may throw a cake at you when I get my lunch money. How old am I? Paul, you started it!

It is great to have so much free time this summer. I love it!

After reading book reviews this morning, I think I should go back for my Ph.D. in literature, but I need some time off first.

Appreciate this thought from Khaled Hosseini, author of the “The Kite Runner” and “A Thousand Splendid Suns,” with me.

“As a writer, the things that always move me are the intimate human stories, the links between the characters, their dreams, their disappointments, their crushing defeats and their atonements.”

Books I want to peruse:

Ian McEwan - On Chesil Beach

***** Ryszard Kapuscinski, Knopf - Travels with Herodotus

National Geographic - The 100 Best Vacations to Enrich Your Life

Quirk, edited by: Erik Torkells - The Smart Traveler’s Passport: 399 Tips from Seasoned Travelers

No comments: