Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Elusive Pickles: Jar Jam



I have had this jar of pickles occupying my kitchen counter for more than one week, and I can't open it, but I attempt to unscrew the lid at least once each day.

I have tried running the lid under hot water, prying it loose with a knife, and wrapping a towel around it while I use all my strength to twist the lid free so I can enjoy the tart taste of pickles. Help free my pickles from bondage. I will resort to asking my male neighbor to help me if the pickles remain sealed for another week.

(Listening to the Waltz of Sorrow by Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. Happy Carnival Everyone! Dreaming of samba on the streets of Rio.)

Afterword: My friend and Superhero pickle jar opener, Julia, did the trick. Woman Power on International Women's Day!

No comments: