Friday, May 27, 2011

Donkey Daze


This photo is an "Only in Iowa" shot because this type of shot expresses the rural, Midwestern, agricultural, mellow, laid back lifestyle of my childhood homeland. Corn peaking its green rows into the world; creeks carrying mallard ducks on their currents; and town population sizes of 5,000 or fewer- each with their own water tower- dot the landscape. Imagine being dazed by a donkey in a parade that is one city block long! I admit that I was rather juvenile when I took this photo, and I apologize to the man who was attaching the letters and date to announce the festivity of Donkey Daze to the community. But I am sure he would smile if he only knew he brought a smile to the face of a woman engaged in a childish prank. And, you can't see his face, only another more prominent part of his body, ha ha.

No comments: