Thursday, November 06, 2008

Two Random Thoughts


Two Disconnected Thoughts

1. I attempt to run away from cool temperatures and chilly winds. It’s true. I run because the cold hurts my skin, and when I breathe the nippiness into my lungs, I want to escape, so instinct urges me to run. I am certain that in my past lives I have not been exposed to bitter cold, snow or the wind’s chill, so I run. Do you run?

2. For those of you who were bullied in elementary, middle or high school, you might appreciate these research findings. According to the findings by Ballard, Argus & Remley, 1999 and Dunn in 2001, “Bullying is an early predictor of lifelong antisocial tendencies, often leading to criminal activities.”
Perhaps that unruly bully who made you pee your pants is now behind bars frittering away slow moving hours and bullying other prisoners.

1 comment:

Jim Larsen said...

Do I run from the cold, you ask? I do not run. I, for one, embrace. As much as I like the ocean and hawaii, and I do, I love the mountains. I have very fond memories of my two years in the Rocky Mountains of Montana, going to school out there, and experiencing winter for what it really was, and out there, winter was WINTER! Not some half ass commitment to the season like Virginia. So, I have good memories of the cold. I have good memories of warmth too, mind you, but of the cold as well.