Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Trapeze Me Sliver Please: I Want to Fly


“A Silver Trapeze” by Alice Schertle

A silver trapeze of my own: I dream of it nightly.
A slim silver bar at the end of a rope I seize
and am lifted, carried, I’m flying above the ground lightly.
A silver trapeze.

Down and around and up on the crest of a breeze
I swoop, I soar through a cloud, hesitate slightly,
then loop the loop like a pinwheel and hang from my knees.

Up through space I race on a bar shining brightly,
touch the tip of a star whenever I please,
kick off from the moon, sweep soundlessly down, holding tightly
a silver trapeze.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is your reputable bullion dealer. They will provide you with competitive, real-time prices and make sure that your gold and silver arrives to your door discreetly and fully insured.