Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My mind is whirling asking questions and chasing answers.


I hit a dog. I searched the neighborhood for the owners. I couldn't find them. How did the owners feel when they spotted their lifeless pet on the side of the road a bright red collar cheerily decorating its neck? The animal resembled a Scottish Terrier. It was a short-legged sturdy creature speeding out of the meadow in the excitement of its youth ending up directly under the path of my tires. Before I could react to save its life, the deed was done. The sound of the black body thumping under my tire was gruesome. If I had forgotten my backpack or jacket, I would have returned to the house for those items and been too late for the appointment with that dog's death. too late for the appointment...

No comments: