Saturday, October 08, 2011

Globalization Zebra

Friday, October 7, 2011


Are we all material girls and boys in a material world? That's a barcode on her shoulder. If I titled this painting, its title would be: Globalization Zebra.

I took this photo at the Shanghai Art Museum on Friday, October 7 with my iPad2. I took all the photos in Shanghai with my iPad2. because I wanted to see what it was capable of visually. Here are several of the results.



The movement of these two water buffalo in the painting/calligraphy scroll was fluid and in synch with the flow of my life.



We discussed this painting in my AP English class today. The discussion centered around how the social, cultural and historical context is critical for understanding art and literature. This was my favorite painting at the Shanghai Art Museum, even though I know nothing about it because the information card under the painting was written in Chinese. I have no context, so I used my imagination to appreciate the work.

iPad2 shot at the Shanghai Art Museum

No comments: