Monday, January 09, 2012

Wisdom from my students: former and present

Grading essays and allowing myself to be too distracted by Facebook. I sometimes have trouble understanding my students' meanings, but they seem to understand each other, and this makes me happy! Facebook post on Tuesday, January 10, 2012-



We can’t acquire true knowledge from the tedious and formulate hard working; On the contrary, the most impressive skills are gained from the interests and the soul on the deep. - David, Senior 2

David, Senior 2 continued - Although the typhoid boy got heavy sick, he didn't fright to die but pursue the happiness in the world.

Steve's response to David: I like these. The real face of life is difficulties in a piece of peace.

Perhaps I should remember Mr. Cummings once again at these moments:

[e.e. surprised me on the page tonight

haven't seen him since Brazzaville
perhaps a reminder
the best gesture of my brain
is to forget good grammar and
proper punctuation
from time to time]

and pay attention to the
Asian beetle in a mild state of confusion
shuffling around my computer keyboard
her orange spotty curiosity
now in the palm of my hand
now on the number 3 key


No comments: