Saturday, July 23, 2011

Meaning

This thank you note means something to me.


Barb Sorensen
B.P. 2030
BRAZZAVILLE
Rep. of Congo, Central Africa

May 11, 2011

Dear Lori,

I want to thank you so much for all you gave to the female inmates - they so appreciated your generosity. The cloth you had I cut into 3 so 3 women would have a cloth skirt. Your shoes and socks went into the male prison - I see your sox each Friday now!

Thanks again Lori -
Lord bless you -
Barb

On July 23, 2011, I sent Barb this response.

Hello Barb and Lejuste,

I got Barb's thank you note (letter) today and it was so lovely. The letter touched my heart. I was laughing because my feet are really big. The thought of Congolese male prisoners at the jail wearing my big socks was a wonderful image. And the skirts that you made with the material for the women prisoners- I am so happy to know that my clothes went to people who really need them. Thanks Lejuste for sending the letter to me in the States. You two are both wonderful friends.

Lori

p.s. Barb told me in a later message that she has seen my socks at the prison but not my brown Crocs. I loved those brown Crocs, but my Congolese friends said they were tacky shower shoes and not appropriate for a teacher to wear outside the house.

No comments: