Monday, December 11, 2006

Me: Notes on Desire Thumped out on my keyboard on a Monday- oh Mondays...

I have been waiting, and my moon is changing color.

I am relieved that the fall 2006 semester at Iowa State University is at last winding down because I now have time to observe my more creative thoughts. I have been doing so much journalistic writing recently. This type of writing trains my mind to partially silence my personal voice in the objectivity and fact checking process. It is important for me to re-attach to the inventive and tie-dyed side of my writer’s voice.

Notes on desire thumped out on the keyboard on the first day of the week- oh Monday- of December 11, 2006:

Sometimes, in order to fully and completely let go of desire, all the hope invested in its attainment must die. The sparkling pixie-dust that coats the desire with suffering and longing must be dispersed by a strong wind whipped up with willpower from inside my own mind. This wind blows the deceitful dust every which way, shuttling it into the universe with a mighty force. As I watch it fly into the air, I send good wishes from a balanced heart. I attempt to smile as I let go. After the process, it becomes something in my past that I can choose to leave in peace, but also examine and learn from in my future encounters with sentient beings. This is a wise move and makes me stronger.

No comments: