Saturday, December 09, 2006

My moon is no longer blue.

"I’m just not interested in “getting to know someone” by typing words into my computer. For me, connections unfold slowly, through repeated encounters in natural settings. Instead of exchanging pleasantries with strangers [whom I don’t know] online, I would much rather go deeper into my life as it already is, and celebrate the intimacy- with friends, family and community- that nourishes me and brings me joy."

Anne Cushman, Fifteen Weeks of Dharma Dating in “Tricycle,” summer 2006

Me:

I like digesting Buddhist writings in my humble brain and being around people who are wise. Wisdom is part of age I now realize. No more blue moon wild; the urge to write is flooding back into my veins, full-fledged and ripe like a creamy triangle of ever-so-seductive Brie perched fetchingly on a cracker. My mouth waters for its fatty satisfaction.

I have been waiting, and my moon is changing color.

No comments: