Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Reminder to be a Peaceful Witness to My Thoughts: No Expectations, No Judgements

















... Attention: I am sending myself a reminder today to maintain my footing on that peaceful and grounded place where I am standing now in my mind.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head have a life of their own, attempting to swing dance when I want them to sit still.

I don’t want to do battle with my thoughts.

I want my mind to support my overall desire to remain focused in the moment and healthful. But, my mind insists on acting like a child going through its terrible two year-old stage, dragging me this-way-and-that, thoughts banging and honking- beeping like vocal toys.

“Oh, mind,” I say, as I witness the drama. “I know you will need a nap soon.”

(Photo shot in Dec. 2006 at the meditation in Des Moines)

No comments: