Saturday, January 06, 2007

Aloha Diary: The Veg Semi-Buddhist in Paradise

The Hawaii diary is on its way!

Keep your toes dipping in the water and the waves massaging your calves until then. I am so ready to connect to people and separate from the computer, but I will be posting periodic Hawaii-happening updates! I miss intense human interaction, but I can't silence the impulse to write. I think that I am going to Hawaii to search for what my soul desires.

Excerpt from: The Mermaid Chair

…his soul
It was trying to tell him something.
He was certain of it.
One thing he had learned is how incessantly the soul tried to speak up, usually in maddeningly cryptic ways.

In his dreams

In the jumble of impressions and feelings he got when he was alone

And, occasionally in the symptoms in his body- the way he broke out in hives when his soul was denied.

Nowhere though did his soul speak more insistently than through desire.

Sometimes the heart also wanted what the soul demanded.

No comments: