Saturday, January 20, 2007

Kalani's Healing Touch

Slow Down, Won't You Lori???

The people at the Kalani are mainly mellow, gentle, observant, introspective and mostly loving.

The vegetarian food is out of this world. I have never seen so much glowing skin in one location in my life, but vegan peanut butter cookies, spinach linguini and fresh papaya for breakfast every morning will transform the cheeks and mouth.

The rainy season makes me a bit reflective. Hearing the sound of powerful rain drops hit our tin roof in the loft is becoming a comfort and an expectation during the wee hours of the morning.

I am working on myself, and it takes courage to face some of my issues. I understand clearly how I hide behind writing assignments at work, a busy social schedule with buddies, and the never-ending tasks of life in my everyday world (taking out the garbage for example) in order to avoid understanding myself- flaws and internal scars included. It hurts to look closely at weaknesses in one's own being and then decide to make changes in life. This could be a full-time job.

It's funny to see new people arrive at Kalani who are still tense from the outside world's demands. After a few days, these folks tend to settle into the calming nature of the place.

I am sorry for the lack of focus in the post. The mind, it wanders as it wonders.

As an apology, I will leave you with this Nugget of Wisdom from Julia Cameron:

As artists, we must learn to be self-nourishing. We must become alert enough to consciously replenish our creative resources as we draw on them… The artist brain is home and haven to our best creative impulses.

"The Artist's Way"

I urge you to play with your artist brain some time soon.

No comments: