Thursday, September 02, 2010

Arrival

I can’t believe I have been in the country for 4 days, and it is now Thursday, September 2. Where did August go?

When my plane landed at Maya-Maya Airport, it was early evening around 17:45. The sun was retiring into a sky smudged grey and smoky as if a volcano had erupted spitefully raining ash on Brazzaville only days before. The smoke, caused by burning piles of garbage around the city, stung my eyes on the drive to the Hotel Lyon.

When I entered my hotel bathroom on Monday night to take a shower, the giant sunflower showerhead and six mini sunny heads waiting to spa-spray my entire body intimidated this jet lagged American. I imagined turning on the hot water only to be pinned against the opposite wall from the force of a ballistic spray of heat. Beijia was the brand name of my shower, and I had this feeling it had been produced somewhere in Asia. I Googled the name, and soft, tinkling music poured fourth from the website where I discovered that:

“The company [Beijia] is situated in the world famous ceramic capital--- Nanzhuang, Foshan city. It mainly productes sanitary ware, jacuzzi, SPA, processing of many years of experience, leading to series of consummate management system.”

According to the company website, “The self-clean function which we invent perfects peoples's living.”

I appear to be enjoying a product from the Shower Room Series, which I admit is improving my living.

BEIJIA

End Note: Perhaps I could work as a web editor for the company because I think Beijia may need one.

No comments: