Friday, September 03, 2010

Top 5 Friday Plus Two

Things That Made Me Happy Today

1. The first two lines of Charlie et la Chocolaterie:

Bonjour à tous ! Voici l’histoire d’une aventure délicieuse dans un pays merveilleux.

Translation: Hello to all! Here is a story of a delicious adventure in a marvelous country. (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

2. Now that I have stopped taking the drug Malarone to prevent malaria, I don’t feel like vomiting at every meal. It is one of the dry seasons now in Brazza, so I will re-evaluate my decision when the rains come, but as for now, as James Brown likes to sing: I feel good- na, na, na, na, na, na, na.

3. Finding an adapter this afternoon gave me a HUGE sense of accomplishment. Thank you Burotop Boutique.

4. Spending Friday evening with a French speaker (no English) and enjoying myself.

5. Deciding not to judge people (both men and women) who spit openly on the sidewalks left me feeling like a better person. Judge not, that ye be not judged.

End Note: Wearing my brown RX Crocs on the rugged streets of the city kept me in fine shape today. I can't forget gratitude for my Crocs. Would that be number 6? A hot shower at bedtime is lucky number 7.

No comments: