Friday, December 03, 2010

Food Security in Congo

Congo imports the majority of its food products, so I decided to open my eyes concerning what I have been eating for the past two days. The geographical sources of my nutrition surprised me!


Breakfast 5:32 a.m. on December 3, 2010


Nescafé – Prepared by Nestle Côte-d'Ivoire


Milgro – full cream milk powder

Manufactured by:

PACIFIC INTER-LINK SDN BHD

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

www.pacificinter-link.com


Cornflakes

Manufactured by:

Colruytgroup

Europe

www.colruytgroup.com


Snack at 1:57 p.m.


Nutro Digestives – product of Oman – whole wheat, flour and bran

Manufactured by:

Al Sallan Food Industries Co. SAOG, Sultanate of Oman

For: Strategic Foods International Co. L.L.C.

Dubai, UAE

Every one loves Nutro!

www.biscuitfactory.com


Mambo chocolat au lait made in Cameroon


Dinner on December 2, 2010 included:


Chtoura Garden chick-pea dip (hummus tahini)

Manufactured by Alfa Interfood

Chtoura, Lebanon


Polo Star sardines

Made in Indonesia but manufactured in Luanda, Angola


And my mayonnaise was manufactured in Belgium, my ketchup in France, and my Ceres fruit juices are labeled South African.


My palate is on a trip around the world while here I sit in Congo.

No comments: