Thursday, February 17, 2011

Most Wanted

ATTENTION PLEASE

L'ELF travaille avec le Ministère Congolais de la Communication et l'Ambassade Américaine. Elle a été invitée à Brazzaville par le ministre de la communication. Nous vous prions de lui faciliter l’accès pour lui permettre d’enseigner librement.

The ELF is working with the Congolese Ministry of Communication and the American Embassy as an English teacher. She was invited to Brazzaville by the Minister of Communication. Please allow her to pass freely so she can teach her courses in the building.

[I created this poster after the public diplomacy officer in Brazzaville suggested the idea to me. I posted it today at the guard post at the entrance to the television station where I work, Tele Congo, so the soldiers lounging near the entrance would let me pass freely. They stopped me at least once each week demanding identification and searching through my backpack and purse. I tried to convince them that I had no intention of detonating a bomb disguised as a Reference Guide to English by Alice Maclin, but did not succeed, hence the poster.]

The ELF is in the building! (English Language Fellow)

No comments: