Thursday, February 17, 2011

Twitching Dreams

Rain is cooking over Brazza City again- curtains flying. A nervous twitch in the fabric created a time warp- temperature dropping by decades. Pothole soup for dinner again.

Kirby: I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.

- Mitch Hedberg

LJ: My dreams play outside in the rain without my permission. I watch them through the window.

[Photo shot in the alley near the American Embassy on Boulevard Maya Maya in Brazzaville on Valentine's Day 2011. Driving after a hard rain in the city is a pot-hole extravaganza. Brace yourself for some bouncing and jerking and praying not to get stuck in the mud. I am not Christian, but I mutter my own hedonistic Buddhist pleas to the weather gods at such times.]

No comments: