Saturday, January 29, 2011

Going Public With A Country Western Twang

[While you read this entry, imagine a s/he done me wrong twangy country western song playing in the background.]

Hey Ladies, bright and lovely but not always wise in the matters of love when that chemical reaction dims and curbs our best impulses, here is some advice from a girl who learned her lesson in a recent romantic disaster.

If a man won't be seen with you in public, dump him on the spot. Right then and there ladies- no questions asked. I didn't, and what a mess that caused. I sent him this e-mail tonight. I want to make it public, all names omitted, for my sake.

To: (fill in the name of the man who did you wrong)

Thankfully the last word- wa-hoo!

Hey, even though I view you as unethical, untreatable, and slutty/sleazy/creepy in your sexual politics, I am not mad any more. I just want to let you know how your behavior impacted my self-esteem and sense of self. I hope for your sake, you never ask a potential lover or romantic partner to hide herself and accept the fact you won’t be seen in public with her because you have a Significant Other and you want something on the side. Low!

One thing I am HAPPY to have learned about myself; I think it is impossible for me to poach (meaning steal not boil) another woman’s man. Feeling pretty good about myself right about now. I know who I am!

And, you can’t shut me up. I am, and have always been, free to talk to whomever I want about whatever topics I want. Fact is, I didn’t do anything wrong. Let me repeat that wonderful sentence in caps- I DID NOTHING WRONG; therefore, I see no reason to keep quiet.

I find silence is for those who feel guilty, remorse, shame or embarrassment about their actions. They want to shut up others to protect themselves.

That would be you (fill in the name of the man who did you wrong).

So this is the last word. You really aren’t worth it. I don’t feel awkward anymore either when I see you. Because, hey, “I did nothing wrong!”

No comments: