Sunday, January 30, 2011

Show and Tell: Incongruity and Humor




Jackalope Crossing: Source Site


Incongruity and Humor

As I was looking at my iTunes list of news/talk radio streams, something about these stations was incongruous with my thinking causing me to laugh.

Big D Paranormal Radio - BDPRN is here to bring enlightenment to the paranormal community, provide information, closure, and a number of other topics. [Wait, is there ever closure on concerns arising in the paranormal community? And, closure on what?]

BBQ Central Radio - The only station talking BBQ & grilling 24/7. [I would like see audience demographics on the BBQ Central Radio listeners. My stereotypes have to be wrong!]

Edmonton Fire Radio - Broadcasting live audio from the Edmonton Fire Rescue Services. [Are there enough fires in Edmonton to occupy a news channel 24/7? or are household accidents and cat rescues also broadcast on iTunes?]

Jackalope Radio - Rock your routine. [My personal choice for radio exploration due to the station's mysterious and adventuresome description of its content. I did; however, choose to stream an NPR/BBC channel located in North Texas.]

Show and Tell Morning Notes

Long tail-feathered, orange-footed, mini monkey-faced chirpy comrades gather in the tree outside my apartment window each morning to share bird stories.

If only I could decode their conversation as they hang awkwardly on the slender twigs jutting from the main branches and chatter mellowly.

"What do they like to eat," I wonder? Perhaps a snack will draw them nearer to my balcony for clearer observation.

No comments: