Saturday, January 29, 2011

making music in Brazza



I was disappointed the ELF/TESOL conferences were canceled in Cairo because I was looking forward to hanging with the Ugandan, Malian, and Senegalese ELFs. Presenting my paper Authentic Learning: Quality of Life Issues Addressed at the Community Level and hearing what other scholars had on their minds also caused my intellect to salivate, but nothing can stop a nation in revolutionary motion.

4:34 p.m. Friday January 28, 2011
Cairo Conference: CANCELED
(Egypt Cries for Freedom)

Dear Fellows,

Unfortunately, due to the current situation and political unrest in Egypt, the Embassy has requested all Non-Essential Personnel not travel to Egypt until further notice. This means that the conference scheduled to be held in Cairo is canceled.

Again, do not travel to Cairo, and please reply to this email ASAP to confirm receipt of this message.

Thank you,
English Language Fellow Program


[I went to a concert at the CCF in Brazzaville instead. Nothing like the soothing vocals of Papa Jacques to ease the disappointment of my canceled travel to Cairo.]

CCF in Brazzaville

No comments: